Saturday, January 11, 2014

Rainbow velvet cake ㋡

I went on a date with my boyfriend to Vivo City and ate mac because of twister fries and prosperity burger! Gahhhhhh most favourite of all time <3 Then we did some window shopping! After all the long walk @ vivo, we went to Giant and hunt for my baking ingredients. Teehee I love shopping for ingredients with him :D But there's no icing sugar so in the end we put back all the stuffs in the trolley to their respective places (yes wasted trip to Giant) and went to JP instead.









So basically I want to upgrade my red velvet into something difficult and put myself into some challenges? I thought like instead of red velvet why not try out rainbow colors? Why only red rightttt. Wow so smart of me hahaahh! So I used the same ingredients just that I used 6 colourings and more steps needed to bake this tough one. And this also took soooo much time compared to red velvet alone. So I divide the measuring into 6. How smart I thought I am!

The Ingredients 

Rainbow Velvet Cake:
*similar to my red velvet recipe"
Just more colourings: Red, blue, orange, yellow, green and purple

Cream Cheese Frosting:
*similar to my cream cheese recipe*
Just used more sugar!

First thing first, preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
Spread butter all over the pan, then placed parchment paper.


Sift the flour, sift the cocoa powder, and add in salt.

Mix them together!
(Flour mixture) SO NOW DIVIDE THEM INTO 6

Pour 240ml of buttermilk into 6 different cups!

Add in the coloring to the 6 cups! Soooo pretty (:
(Milk mixture)

Beat the butter until its light, then add in the sugar!

Add in the vanilla essence. And then put in the eggs (one at a time)
Mix mix mix beat beat beat ~~

THE TOUGH PART:
Divide this butter mixture into 6 plates! Okay I was wrong.
I should use 2 recipes instead of one CAUSE 1 RECIPE FOR 6 COLOURS IS SO LITTLE!

So I did colour by colour. 
And lastly, add in mixture of vinegar and baking soda to every colours!

Because of my cocoa powder, my coloring turned into darker colours. 
Like my yellow, turned into brown.
So yup lesson learnt. :/
As usual, I thought I fail again......


And it was so flat when I transferred them to the big pan.

But I still think they are pretty hehe I called them the vintage rainbow (;
Oh yes, bake each pan for like 10-15 mins!

Look, my cream cheese this time round is much stiffer!

Fail flat! HAHAHAHAH first time okay....
#02012014

No comments:

Post a Comment